Monday, February 14, 2011

Firecracker 10K Race Recap


Photo taken by Legger extraordinare John Flynn!

This was my third year at the Firecracker 5k/10k in Chinatown. It is a hilly course - almost straight up for the first 3 miles. I like the hills - it's a challenge - and good training for both LA Marathon and Big Sur. My least favorite part of this course is actually all of the downhills - so I took them especially slowly.

Chinatown is a lot of fun - I have to plan on coming more often and practicing my Chinese. The views are also beautiful from atop the hill in Elysium Park from Angels Point. Another highlight is running through Dodger's Stadium. I cued "I Love L.A." in my head while I fantasized about running the LA Marathon in about a month. Last year this time when I ran the Firecracker 10K, I still expected to run LA, but I was still physically exhausted from the Pasadena Marathon the week prior. It was a big disappointment not running L.A. But today, I feel confident that I'll make it there - and I can't wait!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment