Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Post-Marathon

So now that I have finally posted my San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon race recap, I can blog about my regular running routine, which at the moment, is absolutely nothing.

In San Diego, I noticed I hurt my knee around mile 23, but persevered anyway. I had taken two Tylenols early in the race already, masking whatever pain was there to begin with. Maybe it was running with compression socks, but my left kneecap felt like it was screwed on too tightly and the setting was a little off.

I haven't run in 2 weeks, and still get little painful nudges when I walk too fast. I have done no physical therapy, or massage or anything else. It's nice to have a break. My mother has recommended a chiropractor/masseuse, but I have an unsubstantiated bias toward chiropractors - thinking he will contort my leg in an unnatural way when I'm not looking.

I'm starting to look at the people running around my area after work and contemplating the craziness of running. "Where are you going?" "What's your hurry?" I want to tell them. I will try to run this weekend before my running identity escapes completely and I become a grouchy vehicular bystander.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment