Thursday, June 3, 2010

San Diego Rock N' Roll Marathon, T-3days

When I first registered for the San Diego Marathon, I knew that there was a chance I would switch to the Half. There is a BIG difference between a half-marathon and a full marathon. And you know it when you run it. Somewhere between 13.1 miles and 26.2 miles, you go through a change. It's no longer primarily a physical challenge, it is now a mental challenge. Maybe that's why it is so exhausting afterward. The mind affects the body, and vice versa. After a grueling mental marathon, the body needs to recover, so the mind in turn can recover.

I will repost all the marathon fun after this weekend. There will be other LA Leggers in attendance and I am scheduled to carbo load with them the night before. By carbo-loading, I will probably have less pizza and pasta and more rice, potatoes, and also protein, which is very important. Wish me luck and let me know if I should look for you in the crowd!

Happy marathoning!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment