Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Bosu Ball Madness



I went to the gym last Friday, armed with a barrage of BOSU Ball exercises and an iron will to do them all.

I joined a new gym recently, allowing me to perform crazy looking exercise moves on fun contraptions any time I like. The BOSU Ball doesn't come cheap, so it saves me the possibility of purchasing it and not using it at home (like my STEP purchase two years ago). At least when I'm at the gym, I am forced to do it.

Now although I had several exercises prepared to try on this stabilizing ball, very few came easily. My sit-ups included a lot of wobbling, and hardly looked as effortless as this picture:



Who is this amazingly coordinated lady? My version included rolling all over the place.

I also tried squats on it, which was an easier move. I also like using the flat surface for planks, and push-ups like this:




The most difficult move was lunges. This meant standing on the BOSU ball, and lunging backward. If you aren't embarrassed by falling all over the place willingly in front of other people, go ahead and try it. Lunging forwarding onto the ball, would be a better alternative:





Next time, I will try these side lunges:



I don't see the BOSU Ball used often at the gym. I think it is because people just don't know what to do with it. Good news for me, since I plan to use it regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment