Monday, July 4, 2011

Running in Paris

In Paris, I have started running again. There is still knee pain, but the Bois du Bologne forest is so enjoyable, that I put that on the back burner.

The weather so far is beautiful – not like the last time I was here when I ran in the cold and snow, keeping a cautious eye on the ground under my feet so that I didn’t slip on any hard icy patches. Paris is actually a big running town. I see them all over the place, in the bois, on the street, complete in skin tight running clothes and fuel belts. There are more men than women runners – and everyone looks pretty fit. At Decathlon, the French sporting goods store, I took a stroll through the running section. There are different brands here, but a lot of the same. I notice that the French fuel belts are a lot cheaper than the American ones.
My sights are set on the New York Marathon, and I hope to come to Paris next year in April for the Paris Marathon.
For now, I will slowly increase my mileage to only 6 miles, practice my strength training exercises, and hope to heal my knee. It would help if I lost a few pounds, after not running regularly for several months, I have come to appreciate how the sport helps in weight maintenance.

The Los Angeles Leggers official training season starts with orientations on July 23 and 30. Check out our new website at www.laleggers.org to register.

No comments:

Post a Comment