Sunday, December 13, 2009

Runner's Almanac - Say no to Drugs Universal Backlots 10K

The rain yesterday proved to be the perfect set up for my race today at Universal Studios. Sure, it was cold, but how often do I get a chance to run through the sets for "Desperate Housewives","Whoville", "War of the Worlds" and "Psycho"? For those in the know, the course meanders where the tram only treads in addition to the perimeter of the studios near offices. There were plenty of hills - steep ones - which made this a more difficult than normal course. I am surprised at the large crowd, but given the unique course, everyone else has come out to enjoy the experience like me. This race is also one of the Students Run LA races so the course has a good number of children. Girls on the run was also here today. There was a big line afterward for the free pancakes, but alas, it was too long for me. I finished the 10K in 1:02.

Happy racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment