Tuesday, January 12, 2010

4.75 miles and a Wrong Turn

I went out for an evening run. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to run at night because, well, it gets really dark. Sure, I have a headlamp and reflective gear, but that doesn't mean I can't trip over a rock, or get attacked by a. tree b. person c. evening woodland creature. But there were more runners than usual tonight and I feel better running at night when there are other people as crazy as me out there doing it. Toward the end of my run I took an atypical turn and started on a hill loop. Funny - I was in my own neck of the woods, but everything is so different at night - The streets, the houses. Close to home but i might as well have been miles away. But the result was finding a good hill loop for future training.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment