Monday, January 25, 2010

My First Track Workout

I have been waiting to try the UCLA track, and finally, after the summer to fall resurfacing and my re-interest, I tried it today. For a speed workout, the track is excellent. I started at a moderately easy pace and got faster each lap for a total of 4 laps. Then I started from my base pace again. I tried to use my new Garmin 205, but alas, I am still learning how to use it. The track material itself is so buoyant that I had to slow myself down from going too fast. It is such a forgiving surface that the only way you go is up!

The track is great too because there are other people in various stages of movement. Some were walking up and down the bleachers – a feat that I have yet to attempt.

My rating for the track workout iss 4.5 stars – It would be 5 stars, except that the track does get monotonous after a short while. But for speed/interval works, or for foot and knees pain, it is the best!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really fun place to run!

    I'm starting off with the Leggers tomorrow, but I'm leaning toward breaking off after we come back from the totem and doing San Vicente instead. I always look for you, but I don't have a good idea of what you look like! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen,

    I'll be out of town for the next two saturdays and off to Pasadena on the 20th. Our pace group is doing water stations on the 27th, so I'll look out for you then!

    ReplyDelete