Sunday, November 1, 2009

Runner's Almanac - 4 miles and Compression socks

So although I don't normally run after our long runs on Saturdays, I felt that 8 miles isn't really so bad and did a quick 4 miler this morning. Besides, the fact that day light savings has caused us to turn our clocks back an hour, means that running in the morning is just that much easier. 7:00am is no longer cold and potentially gloomy, but sunny and even warm! After the run, I met my friend Adam for our latest Yoga adventure at Yogaco in Santa Monica. All in all, I enjoyed it, although some of the poses are harder for me than others. Really, what is the purpose of a three-legged chair anyway? Donations are suggested, so pay as much or as little as you'd like. The class was suprisingly small for a Sunday class, but the Yogaco space in general is huge. It's on the third floor above the Anthropologie store on 3rd Street.

Today marked my first day participating in National Novel Writing Month. I wrote 5052 words on day 1 for my pending 50,000 word novel to be completed by the end of the month. Hope it won't interfere with running. Interested? Sign up at the NaNoWrMo website. I also made a stop today at Phidippides in Encino in search of compression socks. I bought the Zensah brand compression leg sleeves used for increasing oxygen flow to the lower leg and aiding in recovery. I may even use them during one of my runs. They aren't super fit, but snug enough that it left a small imprint when I took them off. I was tempted to get the matching arm sleeves to warm me up during cold days, but the weather was about 80 degrees today. That'll be next on my list once it really starts cooling up.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment