Sunday, November 8, 2009

Runner's Almanac - A long walk and WeSpark 5k/10k

What a foggy day it was early this morning as I navigated around Lake Balboa in search of the starting line for WeSpark's Inaugural 5k/10k race. I was out to promote the Northridge Hospital's Center for Assault Treatment Services (CATS) Victory for Victims Run set to take place in April 2010. I ran into a lady promoting an other charity run taking place next week in Los Angeles called Run For Her, in support of Ovarian Cancer Research. Coincidentally, today is World Run Day. But since I did my long run yesterday, I figured that counted for me.

Lake Balboa is like a little godsend in the Valley. I did my part promoting the event, and then gave my mom a call and we spent about 40 minutes walking around the lake. My legs don't feel tired from yesterday, which is good. For anyone who did run today, hope you had a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment