Wednesday, April 21, 2010

4.5 Tempo/Interval/Whatever

My goal for tonight's run was a tempo for 6 miles. But I started out too fast. Recently, I've been starting out too fast. Running at a 9 or 9:30 pace never felt so easy for me. So I figure, why not go with the flow? Because I can't maintain it. And then, my heart does this strange flutter thing, like it's trying to keep up with my legs and it's pumping out "Slooowww...dooowwwnn". The doctor says sometimes our heart makes funny noises. Do you really need an MD to determine that diagnoses? The heart flutter scares me enough into slowing down and does affect my mental game. Does this happen to anyone else?

So I made my first lap around for 2, and then toward the end of my second lap for 4 (I had 3 planned total), when I decided that was good for today. Now I have to remind myself to slow down at the beginning for next time.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment