Thursday, April 29, 2010

5 mile Tempo run with Legger friends at Top to Top

I finally met up with Shannon for a run, at the Top to Top store on Wilshire Blvd. Every Wednesday night, the good looking people of Santa Monica meet here for a a loosely organized weekly gallop through the beautiful streets of north Santa Monica with the store as it's anchor. Options include 5K, 5 miles, 10K, and just standing around (never really an option).

Shannon, Legger 11 mentor Jim, Legger Rose, and Shannon's friend (whose name I am totally blanking on - but who will be running with Shannon in San Diego with the goal of a 4:40 PR)and I headed for a 5 mile run in the "old" route. Somewhere shy of mile 3, when my knee rebelled every now and then, I backed off, stretched, and continued at a slower pace behind them. Our initial pace was wavering between 9:00 and 10:00, which is OK because it turned into a tempo run for me when I slowed it down to a 10:30 towards the end - my ideal comfort pace.

Back at Top to Top, I was pleased to find oranges and bananas. So I devoured a few.

It's a good looking crowd as I've remarked in a post in September which you can read here), but I couldn't hang around.

My only pet peeve with their run is that there is jaywalking involved - There are a few things that I am pro-rule pro-government pro-law crazy about- And not jaywalking is one of them. Of course I did it anyway.

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment