Tuesday, April 6, 2010

5 mile intervals

I forgot how FUN it is to run fast! Especially at sunset! And thank you daylight savings! It's nice to be out at 7:30pm and not have to navigate like I'm in a dark cave (even with a headlamp, it's still dark out there. Can the City of Santa Monica please give us runners more light at night in the "running and walking" areas? Jeez). I did an interval run interchanging between my 5K speed and something a bit slower. It's so hard to go out running after a day of work...But in the end, it's always worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I still have not run fast since the Marathon. I have been out 3 times for about 12 miles total. My legs have felt springy again this week, so speed training is in my near future. Hope to see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting on my blog!! Considering you did two marathons in a month - you deserve to kick back a little! I finally started getting back into the swings of things recently. I probably ran 3 miles in 3 weeks prior to saturday. I'll come out Saturday, not sure if for 8 miles though. See you then!

    ReplyDelete