Friday, October 16, 2009

Runner's Almanac - Day 62, Jewish Home Walk of Ages X

The Jewish Home for the Aging in Reseda hosts a 5K every year in early December. This is a charity run that raises funds for the Home and its residents. This year is the 10th annual race featuring special guest actress Angelica Houston. This was the first race I completed two years ago, and I actually placed 3rd in my division (It's a small race). Participants very much interested in the organization and there also plenty of walkers, strollers and kids. If you're looking for your first race, I've adding the link the the list of races to consider on the right hand side. It takes place around the retirement facility on the streets of Reseda.

Happy running!

2 comments:

  1. Looked for you today with the 12s! I was in the back -- in black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathleen! I was there on Saturday - I was toward the front. Sorry I missed you! Will you be running with the 12s for the 16 miles Saturday?

    ReplyDelete